Skip to main content
Tulane Home Tulane Home

custom css-js - global

Guide for Admitted Transfer Students

Congratulations! We look forward to having you on campus!

Check Out What Other Transfer Students Have to Say

Want to get a perspective from students who transferred to Tulane? Read their input and find out about their decisions to make the switch.

Explore Opportunities at Tulane and Enroll

As an admitted student, you will use your Green Wave portal to register for admission events in the spring, submit an enrollment deposit, and submit a deposit for on-campus housing consideration. To learn more about Tulane and the opportunities available to you, be sure to check out our social media hub, TruTU, and join the Tulane Transfer Student Facebook group

Complete Financial Aid Applications

In order to be considered for need-based aid, be sure to submit your FAFSA and CSS Profile by December 1 for the spring semester and June 1 for the fall semester

Submit an Enrollment Deposit and Apply for Housing

Through your Green Wave portal, you can submit an enrollment deposit of $500 (if you are living off campus) or $750 (if you are living on campus).

All enrollment deposits are non-refundable and must be paid online via your Green Wave Portal by December 1st for the Spring term, and by June 1st for the Fall term. If you elect to live on campus, after you submit your $750 enrollment deposit, our Office of Housing and Residence Life will contact you with directions to sign up for on-campus housing. We encourage all transfer students interested in living on campus to promptly complete their housing application once they receive it.

  Entering Fall Entering Spring
Enrollment & Housing Deposit June 1 Dec 1
FAFSA & CSS Profile Jun 1 Dec 1

Learn About Your School and Major

All full-time students are enrolled in Newcomb-Tulane Undergraduate College. Students are additionally enrolled in the school housing the major designated on your application. If you did not indicate a major, you will be an “undecided” student in Newcomb-Tulane College. The major that you indicate on your application is not binding so take time to explore your interests. Once you are decided, you will need to officially declare when you arrive on campus. Undergraduate degrees may be earned in the following schools: the School of Architecture, the A.B. Freeman School of Business, the School of Liberal Arts, the School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, and the School of Science and Engineering. Learn about our 75+ majors and minors.

Send Immunization Records

In order to register for classes, all students must provide proof of immunization to the Student Health Center by uploading their records to Tulane's Student Health Portal. To find out more about the immunization requirements and to download forms to be completed, please visit the Student Health Center's immunization webpage.

Consult your Academic Advisor and Register for Classes

All enrolling transfer students work with Shelby Siegel in the Academic Advising Center to review the transfer of previous college credits and for assistance with scheduling their first semester at Tulane. Once you have been admitted, you may email her at to schedule an appointment.

Registration is a simple, online process. Registration information will be sent to you shortly after we receive your enrollment deposit. Registration begins in April for the fall term and in November for the spring term. To prepare for registration, take a look at our schedule of classes to see what interests you. You will also find the academic calendar at this site. The Academic Advising Center Website provides quick links to the University Catalog, information regarding the Core Curriculum and other helpful resources.

Attend Orientation Activities

The Division of Student Affairs coordinates a number of orientation events to help you get to know Tulane, New Orleans, and your new classmates. Transfer Orientation is a half-day event that takes place the week before classes begin. More details can be found at the Orientation Website.

Contact Schools and Centers

We understand that you may still have some questions, and we are here to help.

Office Phone Email

Academic Advising Center


School of Architecture


School of Liberal Arts


School of Public Health


School of Science & Engineering


A.B. Freeman School of Business


University Registrar


Financial Aid


Dining Services


Housing and Residential Life


Student Health Center


Student Affairs


Technology Services